Tuesday, October 16, 2012

EnglishOTR daily update! (6 new articles)

EnglishOTR daily update! (6 new articles)


#Canciones Traducidas - Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Have You Ever Seen the Rain"

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 10:00 AM PDT

#tunein - MCreedence Clearwater Revival -

Someone told me long ago There´s a calm before the storm, I know; it´s been comin´ for some time. When it´s over, so they say, It´ll rain a sunny day, I know; shinin´ down like water....

Alguien me dijo hace mucho tiempo Que hay calma antes de la tormenta Lo sé, ha sido así durante un tiempo Cuando se termina, ellos dicen, Que lloverá en un día soleado Lo sé, brillando hacia abajo como  el agua....

 

Suggest more songs in the comments below
Sugiere más canciones en los comentarios de abajo

Someone told me long ago
There´s a calm before the storm,
I know; it´s been comin´ for some time.
When it´s over, so they say,
It´ll rain a sunny day,
I know; shinin´ down like water.

Alguien me dijo hace mucho tiempo
Que hay calma antes de la tormenta
Lo sé, ha sido así durante un tiempo
Cuando se termina, ellos dicen,
Que lloverá en un día soleado
Lo sé, brillando hacia abajo como  el agua.

I want to know,
Have you ever seen the rain?
I want to know,
Have you ever seen the rain
Comin´ down on a sunny day?

Yo quiero saber
¿Has visto alguna vez la lluvia?
Yo quiero saber
¿Has visto alguna vez la lluvia?
¿Cayendo en un día soleado?

Yesterday, and days before,
Sun is cold and rain is hard,
I know; been that way for all my time.

Ayer, y los días anteriores
El sol era frío y la lluvia fuerte
Lo sé, para mí siempre ha sido así.

´til forever, on it goes
Through the circle, fast and slow,
I know; it can´t stop, i wonder.

Siempre será así, así es como va
A través del círculo, rápido y despacio
Lo sé, no se puede detener, y me pregunto.

I want to know,
Have you ever seen the rain?
I want to know,
Have you ever seen the rain
Comin´ down on a sunny day?

Yo quiero saber
¿Has visto alguna vez la lluvia?
Yo quiero saber
¿Has visto alguna vez la lluvia?
¿Cayendo en un día soleado?

Yeah!

¡Si!

I want to know,
Have you ever seen the rain?
I want to know,
Have you ever seen the rain
Comin´ down on a sunny day

Yo quiero saber
¿Has visto alguna vez la lluvia?
Yo quiero saber
¿Has visto alguna vez la lluvia?
¿Cayendo en un día soleado?


#Irregular verbs: To run - correr

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 06:30 AM PDT

Irregular VerbsIrregular Verbs are those weird but essential verbs that you have to learn by heart to speak English. We're here to make it easier! Don't be resistant to them, they'll bring you up to a higher level! 

Los verbos irregulares son esos raros pero imprescindibles verbos que tienes que aprender de memoria para hablar inglés. ¡Estamos aquí para hacértelo más fácil! ¡No te resistas a ellos, te subirán a un nivel superior!


 To run - ran - run: Correr


#Slang: Gotta (Tener que)

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 09:15 PM PDT

SlangSlang is the colloquial language you hear on the street among native speakers. In this section you'll find slang vocabulary and phrases to help you survive on the streets of London, New York, Sydney etc. Good luck!

"Slang" es el lenguaje coloquial que se oye en las calles entre hablantes nativos. En esta sección encontrarás jerga (vocabulario y frases) que te ayudarán a sobrevivir en las calles de Londres, Nueva York, Sídney, etc, ¡Buena suerte!


(US) Gotta - Tener que

 

We gotta get out of this place, if it's the last thing we ever do. (The Animals)

Tenemos que salir de este sitio, si es lo último que hacemos.

 

I've gotta go, my husband is calling.

Tengo que irme, mi marido me está llamando.

 

I've gotta have some time off of work, I'm exhausted.

Tengo que estar algo de tiempo sin trabajar, estoy exhausta.


#Grammar Tips: ¡Es fácil pronunciar los verbos en pasado! Parte 2

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 10:00 AM PDT

Grammar Tips

 

Learn grammar with our useful tips. Today, you will learn: the rules to correctly pronounce the past forms of regular verbs. 

 

Aprende gramática con nuestros útiles tips. Hoy, estudiarás: reglas para pronunciar bien el pasado de los verbos regulares.

 


#Vocabulary - In a newspaper (En el periódico)

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 06:30 AM PDT

in a newspaper

Let's take a look at some new vocabulary. Eleven new words related to in a newspaper Enjoy friends!
Vamos a echar un vistazo a algún vocabulario nuevo. Once palabras nuevas relacionadas con en el periódico ¡Disfrutadlo amigos!


#Slang: Ditch (Dejar plantado, deshacerse de)

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 09:15 PM PDT

SlangSlang is the colloquial language you hear on the street among native speakers. In this section you'll find slang vocabulary and phrases to help you survive on the streets of London, New York, Sydney etc. Good luck!

"Slang" es el lenguaje coloquial que se oye en las calles entre hablantes nativos. En esta sección encontrarás jerga (vocabulario y frases) que te ayudarán a sobrevivir en las calles de Londres, Nueva York, Sídney, etc, ¡Buena suerte!


Ditch - Dejar plantado, deshacerse de

 

She ditched me two days before the wedding.

Ella me dejó plantado dos días antes de la boda.

 

They kidnapped me and ditched me in the middle of nowhere.

Me raptaron y se deshicieron de mí en el medio de la nada.

 

She wouldn't stop talking, so I ditched her on the side of the road and drove away.  

Ella no paraba de hablar, así que la dejé tirada en la cuneta y me fui conduciendo.


No comments:

Post a Comment