Thursday, March 8, 2012

#Phrasal Verbs: To Have - Pt.1

Let's take a look at some phrasal verbs using the verb "To Have"


have against - tener en contra
  • I have nothing against you, but I don't like what you're saying.
  • No tengo nada en contra de ti, pero no me gusta lo que estás diciendo.



have around/round- tener cerca, tener alrededor
  • Laura hasn't been around in a long time.
  • Laura no ha venido por aquí en mucho tiempo.




have down as - tener hecha una idea acerca de alguien sin conocerlo 
  • Are you working? I had you down as an eternal student.
  • ¿Estás trabajando? Creía que eras un estudiante etern.o



have in - llamar a aluien para que venga a tu casa
  • We had to have the electrician in to fix the short circuit.
  • Tuvimos que llamar al electricista para que viniera a arreglar el cortocircuito .

have off - librar en el trabajo
  • Don't call me, please. I have the afternoon off so I'll be having a siesta. 
  • No me llames, por favor. Tengo la tarde libre así que me estaré echando la siesta.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment