Friday, February 24, 2012

#idioms 127-132

id•i•om /'ide?m/

An idiom is an expression that means something other than the literal meanings of its individual words.
Here are six native idioms for you to learn and use. Enjoy friends!
to go around in circles - dar vueltas We've been going around in circles with this topic for hours.

to give and take
dar y recibir
It requires a little give and take to make a relationship work.

to give it all you've got
 - darle a algo con todas tus fuerzas
Take the PS3 controller (mando) and give it all you've got!

to give someone the benefit of the doubt
- darle a alguien el beneficio de la duda
She said she didn't do it, so! gave her the benefit of the doubt.

to throw a fit
- darle a alguien un ataque
My boss threw a fit when I didn't cover my tattoos.

to give someone a taste of their own medicine
 - darle a alguien de su propia medicina
I used to bully him when he was young, but now he has given me a taste of my own medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment