Monday, March 5, 2012

#Idioms 187-192

id•i•om /'ide?m/

An idiom is an expression that means something other than the literal meanings of its individual words.
Here are six native idioms for you to learn and use. Enjoy friends!
to put someone off their stride  - distraer a alguien
I can't read with music on, it puts me off my stride.

to have a ball 
- divertirse
We had a ball at the intercambio. ;-)

to hang a left/right
- doblar a la izquierda/derecha
if you hang a left here we'll be at my house

to catch some z's
 - dormir un poco
I didn't sleep last night, I'm going to catch some z's before we go out.

to get high
 - drogarse
You can't write many blogs if you get high before you start.

to make eyes at someone
 - echar miraditas a alguien
I think that girl over there is making eyes at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment