Sunday, March 4, 2012

#idioms 181-186

id•i•om /'ide?m/

An idiom is an expression that means something other than the literal meanings of its individual words.
Here are six native idioms for you to learn and use. Enjoy friends!
to blow the lid off - destapar
The employment office blew the lid off the company's illegal hireing policies.

to lose sleep over something
 - desvelarse por algo
I won't lose any sleep over my ex-boyfriend.

to fall all over oneself
 - desvivirse
I fall all over myself trying to keep her hapy, but she's never satisfied.

to lay waste
 - devastar The tsunami   laid waste   to the villages on the coast.

to draw the line (between)
- diferenciar
Can we please draw a line between our business relationship and our personal one.

to take issue with someone
 - discrepar con alguien
She took issue with my opinions on the low employment figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment