Thursday, February 16, 2012

#Idioms 85-90

id•i•om /'ide?m/

An idiom is an expression that means something other than the literal meanings of its individual words.
Here are six native idioms for you to learn and use. Enjoy friends!
to eat one's fill - comer bien
I won't eat dessert, I think I've eaten my fill .
to eat like a pig
comer como un cerdo, como una lima 
I better start going to the gym, I have been eating like a pig since christmas!
to eat like a bird - comer como un pajarito
You eat like a bird. You need to gain a little weight.   
to eat someone alive/for breakfast
- comerse a alguien vivo
If I don't do what my wife says she'll eat me alive !
to make amends - compensar
I feel bad about what I said and I'd like to make amends .  
to take someone into one's confidence
confiar en alguien
Mr. Millar took me into his confidence and told me he wasn't happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment