Sunday, February 12, 2012

#Idioms 61-66

id•i•om /'ide?m/

An idiom is an expression that means something other than the literal meanings of its individual words.
Here are six native idioms for you to learn and use. Enjoy friends!
to get a rise out of someone - burlarse de alguien
Don't listen to him, he's just trying to get a rise out of you, that's all.


to beat the bushes for something - buscar algo por todas partes
Have you seen my keys? I've   beaten the bushes for them but I can't find them anywhere!
to drop like flies - caer como moscas
Businesses are dropping like flies because of the economic crisis.   
to fall on one's feet - caer de pie
I was only unemployed for 2 weeks, because I fell on my feet with this new job.
to drop into one's lap - caer del cielo
You can't expect money to drop on your lap, you have to earn it.  
to fall into one's lap - caer del cielo
I was going to stay here for the summer, but a trip to Paris just fell into my lap .

No comments:

Post a Comment