Sunday, February 5, 2012

#Idioms 19-24

id·i·om /ˈidēəm/


An idiom is an expression that means something other than the literal meanings of its individual words.
Here are six native idioms for you to learn and use. Enjoy friends!


to take a stand 
adoptar una postura
You have take a stand on the matter and settle it.


to cut one's teeth on something 
adquirir experiencia en algo
I cut my teeth in radio before I made the jump to TV


to take its toll 
afectar
All these late nights are taking their toll! 


to get under someone's skin 
afectar, molestar a alguien
The way he talks to his students gets under my skin.



to get into the swing of things 
agarrale la mano a algo
Keep learning and you'll get into the swing of things in no time.



to catch off-guard 
agarrar desprevenido
The question caught me off guard in the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment