Saturday, February 4, 2012

#Phrasal Verbs: To Be - pt.2


Another look at some more phrasal Verbs with the Verb "To Be"

to be well up on - saber mucho de algo

  • Johnny is a real "film buff": he's well up on everything related to cinema.
  • Johnny es un verdadera devoradora de cinema: sabe muchísimo sobre cine.


to be out to - tener la intención firme de hacer algo

  • I'm out to get my degree, so I'll give up working to study.
  • Quiero graduarme, así que voy a dejar de trabajar para estudiar.



to be in for - estar por experimentar algo desagradable

  • Steven is in for a severe scolding.
  • Steven esta esperando una reprimenda severa.


to be around - estar cerca/ por los alrededores

  • I'll be around in case you need some help.
  • Estaré por aquí en caso de que necesites ayuda.



to be behind with - estar atrasado con

  • I have had so many meetings that I'm behind with my work now.
  • He tenido tantas reuniones que ahora me atrasé con mi trabajo.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment